1 comments

Pinterest DIY of the week...Wine cork monogram

Published on 11.08.2011 in ,

I had a ton of corks in my cabinets and when I saw some Pinterest wine cork monogram action I couldn't resist making my own.

I started by laying out the corks on a leftover piece of plywood.
DSC_1093 


And then traced around the corks to make a pattern for Engineering Man to cut out.
DSC_1094


















Don't ask why, but he used a Sawz-all...it was a blast.

After it was cut, I used some antiquing glaze to
darken the piece.

Then, I put the corks back on to make sure they still matched up with the cuts.
DSC_0026

I finished it off by gluing the corks back into place.
DSC_0029
And voila...instant addition to the cupboards.  Total cost...FREE!  Everything was on hand. 
DSC_0044 DSC_0045
Alright...your turn.  What have you made from Pinterest lately?

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

1 Response to Pinterest DIY of the week...Wine cork monogram

November 8, 2011 at 12:56 PM

We made some yummy mummy cupcakes....delicious gorilla bread...and LOTS and LOTS of things for school!

I can't wait to learn to make some very cute things from yarn!

Add Your Comment