0 comments

Thursday Things That Make a Mommy Cry...

Published on 11.17.2011 in , ,

I was driving Mini #1 to school when the following happened...

"Mommy...do you know who Santa brings presents to?"

"Who?"

"Good little kids and little girls." 
(Yes, exact words.  Apparently girls are set apart from "kids" or who he thinks are just boys.)

"You're right buddy.  Do you know why we celebrate Christmas?"

"Because of Jesus?"

"Yep, because it's Jesus' birthday."

"I'm going to try to be really good."

"That's good."

"Mommy.  I'm going to TRY."

*giggling from me*

 "Mini, did you know that Jesus can help you be good?  You can pray to Him to help you be a good kid."

"Really?"

"Yep."

.....pause....

"Momma.  Can I pray right now?"

*choke*  "Yea, buddy, you can."

"Dear Jesus...please help me to be a good little kid so that I can get presents for Christmas.  I really like presents.  Amen."

....pause....

"Momma.  He said yes."

Oh, the faith of a child...please God help me to remember how amazing that faith can be.

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "Thursday Things That Make a Mommy Cry..."

Add Your Comment