0 comments

DIY of the week...cheap art...

Published on 7.12.2011 in , ,

Mini #1's room was lacking in the art department...

...like, he didn't have anything...

But, we did have this awesome calendar...
DSC_0356

...with kick butt pictures of planes on it.
DSC_0358

(Btw...I have these awesome windows in my kitchen that let in amazing natural light...love taking photos there...)

I liked it...I wanted to do something with it...so we hit Michael's 50% off frame sale.
DSC_0359

Gotta love a good deal.

We picked up 10 9 frames (we took one back) and started cutting.

I grabbed scissors and this cool gadget that was in our neighbor's tool bag.
DSC_0365

I then used the insert from the frame for a template on the photo...
DSC_0362

...and cut it to size for the frame...
DSC_0363

...and put it in the frame...
DSC_0360

We (meaning I, and then Engineering Man went along with what I'd decided), picked our favorite 9 pictures that had the most color and cut those out.  I then used a ruler and level (there's a first for everything) to put the photos up in a 3x3 square on Mini #1's wall.
DSC_0401

What do you think?  What projects have you done?  Any other great DIY art ideas to pass along?  I still have a few bare walls...

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "DIY of the week...cheap art..."

Add Your Comment