0 comments

Three years ago today...

Published on 9.23.2010 in

...my family lost someone that was very close to everyone.

I was very fortunate growing up that I never dealt with death...at least not the death of someone young.

But this time it was different...he was a year younger than me. 

I don't think I've ever really "dealt" with my cousin's passing. I'm not sure if I ever will.  But one thing I do know is that I will always miss him.
My aunt put the following memorial on his grave, and as close as my family is, it's the perfect description.


We did not know that morning, that God would call your name.
In life we loved you dearly, and in death it is still the same.
It broke our hearts to lose you, but you did not go alone;
for part of us went with you, the day God called you home.
You left us full of memories, and thoughts of you are still our guide;
although we can no longer see you, you are always at our side.
Even though our chain is broken, and nothing seems the same;
someday God will call on us, and the chain will link again.


My aunt wants everyone to think of one happy memory of Brandon today. So...Donnie...for you:

Brandon and his brother stole my camcorder at their sister's wedding; only I didn't know it.  The next week I was getting a tape ready for her, and started through the footage of the reception.  I couldn't help laughing at the random interviews Brandon conducted with our family members; including I believe someone signing.

Awesome. Still makes me smile.

Anyone else want to share a memory?


My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "Three years ago today..."

Add Your Comment