0 comments

A wake up call...

Published on 4.04.2012 in ,

This past weekend in Bible class a question was brought up...

"What are the costs and benefits of your belief of God?"

My initial reaction was "Costs?!?  What costs?  Am I not completely blessed because of my belief?!?!?"

And then, another member of our group stopped me in my tracks.

Paraphrased, she said that she had the same initial reaction as I did.  

But that made her think...

"If my faith does not 'cost' me anything, am I giving enough of myself?"

That hit me like a ton of bricks.  Am I sacrificing anything for my faith?  Or is one of the "benefits" the fact that it's "convenient".  

In light of this week, and the reflection it causes...answer the question for yourself.  

What sacrifices/costs have you paid because of your faith?

Christ gave his life so you could go to heaven.  

So what are you giving back? 




My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "A wake up call..."

Add Your Comment