1 comments

An inked momma...

Published on 5.11.2010 in , , ,

I've always wanted a tattoo.

Something about putting a permanent mark on your body to tell the world a little about yourself always intrigued me.

For years I thought about what I wanted. YEARS.

Finally, as a freshman in college, I decided it was time.

Called the parental units.

"Hey mom. I'm going to get a tattoo."

"Really?"

"Yea."

And that was the end of our conversation. And I went with my cousin to go get it.

"Hey mom. Got my tattoo."

"You did WHAT?"

"Got my tattoo. I know I told you I was going to get one."

"I know; I just thought you were kidding."

Oops.

Needless to say, it was already done, and there wasn't any turning back. I was also hooked.

I now have two tattoos, but have been inked three times.

My first tattoo is of a barbed wire heart. Barbed wire because I'm a country girl through and through (and have about 3 scars from working with barbed wire), and a heart because truthfully I'm a hopeless romantic.













My initial tattoo expanded after I married Engineering Man.













I added ivy in the form of his initials and a flower within my initial tattoo the color of my birth month. All of this symbolizes EM making my heart grow and bloom because of our love.













Cheesy, I know, but it feels that way.

Usually. :)

My last tattoo I got last year. It's two sets of footprints "walking" across my own foot.















(Please ignore the swollen feet. Was 9 months pregnant when I took this picture.)

It's for Mini #1 and Mini #2. Reminding me that there is always someone walking in my footsteps; helping me to remember that I need to be a good role model.

Hasn't always worked...but at least I've got a reminder.

What about you? Have any tattoos? Always wanted one, but never got one? Any ideas for my next one? 'Cause you know I'm going to get another...

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

1 Response to An inked momma...

May 12, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I have a tattoo on my left foot. My mom is a breast cancer survivor and my mom, sister and two aunts all decided to get one together. I have the pink ribbon as the 'h' in the cursive word 'hope'. I always wanted one as well but never had something that meant enough for me to wear forever. It is a reminder that no matter what happens you have to have 'hope'!

Add Your Comment