2 comments

Well...isn't that sweet...

Published on 4.06.2010 in ,

...or so I thought.

The other day I received a baby card in the mail...













...it was a very cute card...













...had a great saying on it...













...and had a, um, what the heck is that? An immunization record??...













...WAIT...who is this from??...













THE GOVERNOR?

Awesome. 

For those of you that don't know, I work for the state.  Haven't gotten a raise in the two years I've worked there.

Guess I know where my raise went.  Seriously State of Kansas?  You need to rethink your priorities.  And not just my raise...what about the schools?  

Yep.  I've said it once...I'll say it again.

Awesome. 

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

2 Response to Well...isn't that sweet...

Lindsey Martins
April 21, 2010 at 9:51 AM

Oh, but wait! Probably 6 months ago, the state of Kansas stopped giving out clear protective covers for the hospitals to hand out with the immunization cards due to budget reasons. Honestly this just pisses me off. I still have my original immunization card from when I was a baby. Part of the reason I have it still (okay, the main reason is my mom) is b/c of the clear protective cover! Now we just give the moms a super thin thingy with NO cover. The state can't afford a plastic cover but they can afford THIS!?! WTH? BTW-love your blog, I always read but never comment. Guess non of your posts have pissed me off until now. ;)

April 21, 2010 at 11:02 AM

I completely understand. I have the plastic cover too!! Since my first has been born I've had to get 3 different immunization cards just because they get nasty. Oh, well.

Add Your Comment