2 comments

today...

Published on 5.03.2011 in ,

I know I promised house pictures, but a series of events...

...getting home at 9 pm last night...
...a cranky baby...
...exhaustion...
...and Mini #1's first official school field trip (yea!)...

...all mean I failed in getting the pictures together to be posted.

Instead I wanted to share a verse that finally summed up yesterday for me very well...

"Do not rejoice when your enemy falls; do not be happy when they stumble. For the Lord will be displeased with you and will turn his anger from them." Proverbs 24:17-18

No...I do not believe what Osama has done in the past is right, nor do I disapprove of how our military handled the situation (hello...military wife!), and I definitely sympathize with anyone who has lost a loved one because of this war...

...But that's just it; someone lost a father/brother/son/husband this past weekend. He was still human...

MLK says it best...

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

2 Response to today...

May 3, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Well said!

May 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Thank you...the celebration just seemed off to me and I couldn't quite figure out why until a few people posted some great thoughts.

Add Your Comment