0 comments

Friday's Favorite Things...Zenni Optical

Published on 2.12.2010 in , ,

My eyesight is AWFUL.  Since the third grade I've worn glasses. In 8th grade I finally bought contacts and have worn them since.  After that point glasses were a luxury and not really a necessity.  I'd wear them every once in a while in the evenings and when I ran out of contacts and forgot to buy new. 

I've had a pair of glasses since fall of my senior year of college...2003.  Yep, that's right.  Six years...one pair of glasses.

Mini #1 broke them...six months ago.

After using one pair of glasses in six years and rarely wearing them, I wasn't too keen on dropping $100 on something that I really don't use that often.  Especially since I hadn't worn them for the past six months.  But with Mini #2 quickly working on an appearance, I decided it was time to bite the bullet and make the purchase.

Enter Zenni Optical (http://www.zennioptical.com/).

I'd read across the blogosphere how Zenni Optical sold glasses for $8.

Yep, $8.

And that included prescription lenses.

Needless to say, I was a skeptic, but figured that I might as well try it.

I asked my eye doctor for my prescription and ordered a pair online.  With shipping and handling, the total came to $12.95. I spend more at McDonalds when we go as a family than $12.95.

I was even more of a skeptic.

But then the glasses came 10 days later.  And didn't feel cheap.  And the prescription was right.  And looked decent. And came with a cleaning cloth and a hard case.

I think they're a little too wide for my face, but nothing that I won't wear.  And truthfully, for as often as I use them, they're just fine.

Besides, they cost $12.95.

Now seriously, how can you beat that?

*Zenni Optical has not paid me for saying this; but i feel like I got paid since I saved more than $85.

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "Friday's Favorite Things...Zenni Optical"

Add Your Comment