0 comments

Friday's Favorite Things...Abreva

Published on 1.15.2010 in

I've had the fortune to be subjected to cold sores most of my life.  Evil, I tell you.  They're just evil.

When I was living with my cousin during college, she suggested using Abreva.  I thought, why not, can't hurt, and hit Wal-Mart, headed to the pharmacy and found what I was looking for.

And then I saw the price tag...

$15

Excuse me?  This tube is smaller than the size of my pinkie.  Wait, .07 oz?  IT'S ONLY .07 OUNCES???


The pain in my lip overruled that day. I paid for my $15, .07 oz tube of white stuff and left pissed off, put the stuff on when I got home, and proceeded to go to bed.

And then I woke up.  And there was no pain.  And the cold sore was starting to scab over.  Usually this happens after day 8, not day 2.

I've been hooked ever since.

I'm on my third tube of Abreva.  Yep, that's right, I've used 3 tubes of Abreva in 8 years. My little tube doesn't look all glossy and pretty, but it sure does the trick.  Started to get a cold sore Saturday morning, put on the Abreva, and it's already healing.

No, Abreva has not paid me for putting this on my Friday's Favorites, but if you know someone there, please pass along the message that I accept cash or check. Thank you.

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "Friday's Favorite Things...Abreva"

Add Your Comment