0 comments

the new four letter word...boob

Published on 3.10.2010 in , , ,

***NOTE:  This will be a very random blog.  Please bear with me.  I'm experiencing postpartum hormones and like to vent...and ramble.***



You know how if you don't do something for a while, the horrors of it begin to diminish?

Yea, that just happened to me.

Mini #1 was breastfed for about a year.  The kid was eating so much by 10 months that there was no way for mom to keep up full-time.  After a couple of months feeding only twice a day, I completely cut him off at 13 months.   

And then I quit.  For 2 years.  And now suddenly, I've been thrust back into the woes of breast pads, bras with open flaps, and leakage.  Yes, leakage.

Now, I know this all sounds absolutely fabulous (insert sarcasm here), but I have to say, I love it.  No lugging bottles, and water, and formula everywhere you go.  It's always the perfect temperature and always readily available.  All this translates to a much shorter time that you're awake at night.
   
For anyone who hasn't experienced breastfeeding, it's been one of the most wonderful things for my family.  Please note that I said for "my family".  Breastfeeding is not for everyone.  I am a very open person and the only reason I don't breastfeed in absolute public all the time is because I'm one of those people that don't want to make others feel awkward.

And speaking of awkward...one of my favorite moments at the hospital happened when the lactation consultant came to visit.

And the only people in the room were me, Mini #2 (of course), Engineering Man, and...

...Engineering Man's brother and best friend.

AHAHAHAHAHA

I loved it, and was giddy as the lactation consultant and I discussed nipples, latching, colostrum, and mastitis, just to name a few things.

What about you?  Any great stories about breastfeeding?  If you haven't had the opportunity to, any questions/worries?

Tell me all about it!

   




My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "the new four letter word...boob"

Add Your Comment