0 comments

DIY of the week...fabulous fall arrangement

Published on 10.27.2009 in

Through Wichita State University's Division of Continuing Education, I'm taking a non-credit class.

"Holiday Floral Arranging"

Our first assignment was a fall swag that included dried hydrangea, lion's grass, reeds, and some other stuff that I really can't remember the name of.















I've learned how to twist floral tape around floral wire, and that it's better to twist your arrangement than the wire when locking something down.  This allows you to twist "down" on the piece instead of "away" from the piece.

I've also learned that the most important thing in deciding on what materials to use is texture and color. Differing textures allows each element of the piece to stand out on its own.


I've also learned that it's best to have one main focal point on your piece.
















I actually found a place for it to hang; above my antique hutch in my kitchen.  I of course did not take any pictures of it in place as my red kitchen photographs orange.  Uh, yea.  Doesn't look so pretty then.

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "DIY of the week...fabulous fall arrangement"

Add Your Comment