0 comments

DIY of the week...from drab to dotty

Published on 10.21.2009 in , , ,

Engineering Man was gone playing ARMY this weekend, so Mini #1 and I had bonding time as I painted the dresser.  He ended up "painting" his bed while I painted the polka dota. And needless to say, but we both slaved for hours.

And when I mean hours, I mean HOURS.




















I then used 5 different sizes of tupperware lids to draw circles sporadically across the dresser front, sides and top.





















Each color took approximately 45 minutes. 


Multiply that times 5 different colors...you get hours.
(I'm definitely NOT a math wiz)



















I had to mix the blue paint with some already on hand. Again, because I'm a cheapskate.  I'm excited I got fairly close to the original color in the room.

I also matched the yellow to the yellow in the room with a paint strip.



















Now, just wish me luck on the bed.  Mini #1 was wonderful enough to add his own artwork to the wood so when I'm upholstering it, I can be entertained.


He even helped me out by providing a little extra lighting from his "head helmet" when I was taking the final picutre. 

He's so good to me.

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "DIY of the week...from drab to dotty"

Add Your Comment