0 comments

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom... (teehee)

Published on 10.28.2009 in

My all time favorite quote is, "When did we become adults? And how do we make it stop?"
Well, that and one of the opening lines of "Drop Dead Gorgeous" when the mayor is talking about the oldest living Lutheran.  But that's a moot point.





I don't want to grow up. Ever. Have more responsibility, yes, but grow up, no. To me, being a "grown up" is someone who no longer enjoys the small things in life.



















Before we had Mini #1, I had become jaded.  Small town parades were, uh...small town parades.  Petting zoos were disgusting places that smelled, and paint was something you used to brighten your walls.


I've realized as I've watched my son from day to day, that the world has many wonders that I'd begun to overlook. Everything is new, and different. The smallest, oddest things are the things that make him giggle the most. A silly look, an airplane in the sky, the smell of a candle, or how your finger feels when you shove it up your nose. :)



















I'm learning from Mini #1 that you have to live every day like it's a new day, everything is an experience, and to take nothing for granted.




















Is that the secret to life?

My boys don't share, but if you want to...

Related Posts

No Response to "Wednesday's Words of Wisdom... (teehee)"

Add Your Comment